A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Friend Lex

I started becoming reacquainted with an old friend today. We'll call my friend Lex. No, I'm not a huge Superman fanatic, that's my friend's name...or something like that.

At any rate, I spent a lot of time with Lex a few years ago. We were introduced through a mutual acquaintance, Dr. K. We quickly started hanging out a pretty fair amount, between 30-40 m every day. (M = minutes? Sure, why not.) Lex helped me out during some really rough spots; things got dicey for a while but every day there was Lex, right on schedule. Gradually things got easier, and after a year and a half or so, I saw less and less of Lex. Eventually we stopped hanging out at all.

So, I ran into Lex today for the first time in years, again brought together by a mutual acquaintance, Dr. S. We decided to start off easy, just seeing a little bit of each other for the time being, see how our friendship works itself out this time around. I always have that fear that I'll let myself become overly dependent on this friendship, and not exert the energy required to conquer my demons on my own. But, I guess in all of life our friends are the ones who help us in those battles. You have to fight the battle yourself, but it doesn't hurt to have more friends in your corner. I don't see why the same shouldn't apply to Lex.

I'm tired of speaking in riddles now. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Y i n J i u n said...

i like the meaning of life =P

CT said...

Haha...crazily enough, I saw it on some freaking greeting card in a Barnes & Noble!

Anonymous said...

It's always good to have friends like Lex around. Even on retainer. ;P