A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

OK Enough with the Hating

All right...if you know me you know it wouldn't be too long before I stopped hating. I'm just not a hater at heart. (Got nothin' on you MG with a JD, or you MD Anger Girl.) So here's my anti-hating list. And really, it just scratches the surface.

  • I love being sore the next couple days after a hard workout. And I love the workout, too.
  • I love walking to get coffee on weekend mornings. I refuse to buy a coffee maker for that very reason.
  • I love meeting new people and hearing the stories of people I've just met.
  • I love it when it's winter and cold, and I wear a thermal shirt and hoodie...and shorts.
  • I love sweating.
  • I love seeing the fantastic worlds people have so creatively fit into such small spaces in city neighborhoods.
  • I love the hill coming from Squirrel Hill to Regent Square. Wheeee!!
  • I love mornings when I don't wake up feeling like life is hard.
  • I love it when people post comments on my blog.
  • I love Frick Park. Still can't run too well, but at least there's amazing peace and scenery to go with my sore knees and shins.
  • I love NHL playoff games with their passion and intensity.
  • I love regular season Pirate games, with the beauty of PNC Park and the old relaxed familiarity of baseball.
  • I love watching buildings being built, and demolished.
  • I love the crazy noise of downtown on a weekday.
  • I love the quiet peace and relaxation sitting in the cutout of my porch.
  • I love listening to trees rustling in the wind, and to rain hitting the roof.
  • I love camping.
  • I love brief moments of solidarity shared with total strangers.
  • Most people won't agree on this one, but I love balancing my checkbook and paying bills. My close friends should understand that one. No, it's not about money.
  • I love taking snowboard trails during a good snowfall, where the only sound is the the muffled swoosh of my board.
  • I love laying in bed after a day of boarding or horseback riding, and I can still vaguely feel those motions going through my body.
  • I love that my cats recognize the sound of me pulling up on my bike, and run to the screen door when I get home.
  • I also love that my cats almost always sleep on the couch with me. Whoever said cats aren't as affectionate as dogs was a nutball.
  • I love moments when I'm sharing almost any of the above with someone who I know and love so well that we don't even need to comment about how great it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love having the car heater on and the windows open. And onomatopoeia in other languages.

CT said...

OH!! I don't know how I could've forgotten the car windows with the heater. That goes right along with hoodies and shorts. Good call.

Italian Cat says, "miao."