A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Haterade!

I spent most of yesterday in an uncomfortable environment, so at this particular moment I'm a hater. Even my usual calming routine of coffee at CTR didn't really help my mood...so, I know I'm hating because that is usually golden. Maybe it's because I couldn't get my bananas & strawberries and the accompanying Pamela Family fix. Fucking Labor Day.

Anyhow, here's a hater list for the moment, just to try to get some of this shit off my chest.

  • I hate the hill going from Regent Square to Squirrel Hill. It's not steep, but something about that bastard is insidious. Maybe it's just because I always go up it in the morning when I'm still half asleep. (Then again, I admit that at the same time I love it.)
  • I hate being in hostile territory without backup.
  • I hate knowing that when my mom looks at me, she wants to see a daughter that was never there and that I will never be.
  • I hate when people who I love and who I know are good at heart say ignorant and hateful things.
  • I hate knowing how precarious a balance it is that keeps those ignorant and hateful things from being directed at me.
  • I hate that there's a light switch in my apartment that I don't know what it does.
  • I hate starting meds that fuck my shit up and make me simultaneously jittery and exhausted and I just have to hope I get used to them.
  • I hate my astigmatism.
  • I hate that the remote for my cable box turns on my theater system even when I don't want it to.
  • I hate that I am painfully shy.
  • I hate when people feel and act superior to other people.
  • I hate times like this when I'm sitting here hating.

There you go. Have a spiffy day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When your mom looks at you, she sees the little girl she's loved from the first moment you jumped into this world feet first.
She sees the strong independent woman that little girl became.
She sees the daughter she loves and the daughter she would have loved no matter who that daughter became.
And she sees the daughter who's never disappointed her or let her down.