A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Monday, April 28, 2008

End of the Gauntlet...and the Rope

OK...so...damn. All the travel finally caught up to me, and just in the nick of time it ended! Don't get me wrong--I'm very glad I did all the stuff I've done over the last couple of months; spending time with all these friends has been invaluable, knowing that next year I will be living very much elsewhere, very broke, and very busy. But, at the end it just got to be a wee bit much.

Anyhow, I haven't posted about the last month or so worth of travels, mainly because OF the travel. The in between times, I've just been trying to keep my head above water between work, staying abreast with old and new friends, kitty pimpin', and the emotion of life's impending rapids. Something had to go, and that something was blogging.

So, I'll try to catch up, but as the rapids around here get more rapid-y, I don't make many promises. All I can say is, I am so glad to be home, in my little apartment in this little neighborhood, and this morning is rainy and gray (and, I'm trying to remind myself, peaceful).

For those of you who I haven't had a chance to talk to personally, here's what's up. In a pretty shocking move that defies almost anyone's explanation, I got put on the waitlist at Loyola in LA. This was kind of stunning because I'm well above average for their GPA and LSAT, and universities ranked much higher than them admitted me and/or waitlisted me.

That in itself, though irritating, is not a huge issue, because of the aforementioned more highly ranked schools. The issue is that none of my options out west have panned out so far. The most likely scenario right now is that I'll be going to Temple in Philly, which again would not be a big deal...except LT is moving to California.

So.

I'm on the waitlist at UCLA, which is actually my top choice if you don't consider the factor of money and what I had thought would be a decent scholarship offer from Loyola. And, I'm busting my tail to do whatever I can to convince UCLA that I would be an awesome addition to their student body and they should let me in. However, failing that magical phone call from the Dean of Admissions...

Temple is a really good school. They gave me a partial scholarship and I'm already a PA resident, so they would be really cheap for me to go to. It had been lower on my list, primarily because I just hadn't taken much time to look at them--looking now at their offerings and options, I do get excited. Philly is a great city, a center of GLBTQ activity both culturally and legally. Career-wise, this is a fantastic option.

Except...

Except.

LT is headed out of Pittsburgh in about three weeks. Three. Weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I didn't know she'd be leaving in 3 weeks. Ugh.

CT said...

Yeah, graduation day is May 18. She'll be around a few days after that, but not long.