A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The First Acceptance

I'll be posting about my trip to Lesbo Land as soon as I get a chance, but time is short and I wanted to at least pass this along. It finally happened - I got my first acceptance letter! So, I don't know where I'm going just yet, but at least I know I'm going somewhere. It was from Temple, which is pretty far down my list of places I applied to, but it's a start!

It was a bit surreal in terms of how it came. Thursday went like this: No sleep Wednesday night (long story involving a watery mess from the apartment above, combined with trying to pack), arriving at the airport at 4:30 AM, 11 hours negotiating planes and airports and four different time zones catching naps where I could, two or three hours in the sun in the middle of the desert, dinner, and an evening comedy show with a couple thousand lesbians.

At the end of all this, I checked my email in the hotel room before my exhausted body called it quits, and got the email from Temple (I had only been expecting snail mail notifications). I completely forgot about it for I think two days, then partway through Saturday asked GJ, "Hey, did I dream that I got accepted to law school, or did that actually happen?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The first one sure takes the overall pressure off. You're in!