A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grrrrrrrrrr

The entire four and a half hours in the car, driving through crappy half piss rain, all I've been thinking about is getting my ice packs for my sore and aching knees. I'm tired and drained from an emotional weekend. I get through the door and two staring cats remind me that I was supposed to get cat food before I came home. Back into the car.

I get home again, and see that a little more water has come into the bathroom from the upstairs apartment while I was gone (the night before my last weekend gauntlet, which I haven't had time to post about, my upstairs neighbor's toilet cracked, flooding my bathroom). Irritating, but not a big problem.

Finally, blessedly finally, I get to ice my knees. Ace bandages at the ready, I open the freezer to grab the cold gel packs...and am greeted by a waft of warm air.

The new used fridge that the apartment people just gave me last week (replacing the ancient non-self defrosting one that was here previously) has decided to shit the bed over the weekend. The fridge that I had just filled with food because I had gotten a nice new fridge is dead. Goodbye new bag of chicken. Goodbye cheese. Goodbye yogurt. Goodbye mayo and cottage cheese and frozen corn and microwave dinners.

AND NO ICE FOR MY KNEES! FUCKER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was the game?