A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Relaxing, or Something

After all the traveling and emotion, I vowed that this weekend would be dedicated to relaxation, specifically with LT. The first plan was, "We're only going to leave my apartment for food." Then it was, "oh, and this concert," then, "oh, and a few hours of work"...

...eight hours at PetCo, two cat adoptions, one trip to the gym, a few trips to the fence, one two-hour walk along the river, three restaurants, one softball game, one concert, one torn pair of jeans, and one tearful trip to the West End later...well, yeah.

Good weekend? Yeah. I enjoyed everything I did this weekend. Do I still remember what my apartment looks like? Not so much.

Y'know, all that a big part of me wants is some time for LT and I to relax together and focus on enjoying these last weeks we have in Pittsburgh. But every time we do that, we just start crying. Maybe this relaxation sabotaging busy-ness is our subconscious' way of telling us that we can best enjoy our remaining time here by doing what we've done all along--experiencing things and being busy together. Or maybe it's our minds' way of removing focus from what's coming. Or both. Who knows.

Oh, and go Pens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granted, going over old memories probably added to the sentimental atmosphere, but I liked having a weekend somewhere between remembering old ones and making new ones.

And baklava.

LT

CT said...

Word to the baklava. Twice.