A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Heartbeat? Check.

Now that my heart has restarted several times, I would just like to say that game three tonight was one fuck of a hockey game. I'm not just saying that because the Pens won--that was damn Stanley Cup Finals hockey right there. Everything hockey should be--fast, rough, exciting, intense. I almost wished my boys weren't playing in it, because I was almost too white-knuckled to really enjoy it! (Almost.)

I have to go restore my blood sugar now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Though as promised, I didn't watch. I waited for the final score on the ticker on ESPN. I let out a huge breath, who knew you could hold some much air in your lungs for so long!

Then I waited for the highlights to be ready on ESPN.com. I checked out the box score, yay Marc Andre!

I'll continue to avoid watching the games, or even flipping through the channels. I am very specific now when I use my remote.

Have a great time at the "Support the Pens" get together on Saturday.

I will continue to do what a jinx must.

Anonymous said...

That stretch in the third that seemed to go on and on and on was nothing short of awesome! And the shift where Orpik hit everything that moved... great! What a game! I was expecting the whole series to be like this. Better late than never, I suppose.

And thanks, Grambo, for realizing and accepting your role as jinx and taking the necessary precautions. ;)

CT said...

Yeah. The third period was INSANE.

In. Sane.

Beautiful hockey perfection all around by both teams. Talk about leaving it all on the ice. And word on the Orpik shift, Suntan--he did my number proud. GO 44!! And, Marc Andre seemed to get over his jitters and make some damn great saves!

Grambo, thanks much for taking one for the team. I look forward to you taking three more!

Anonymous said...

Goalies and defense(wo)men... it's a beautiful thing. *sniff*

;P

CT said...

Offense gets the glory, but defense wins the games, baby!

Anonymous said...

*ahem* I think you mean to say "STACKLEY Cup Finals hockey right there."


http://www.theonion.com/content/news/stackley_cup_playoffs_underway
http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/the_2008_stanley_cup