A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Rainy Ruminations

It's Sunday and it's raining. There's something about going out for a good bike ride in the pouring rain that is so great and refreshing. I can't quite describe it. The water drives in your face, kicks up from the road, every inch of you is drenched in sweat and rain and dirt.

It seems odd to call dirty road and rainwater cleansing, but it totally is. You're filthy and soaked, and you don't care. We spend so much time worrying about maintaining a proper physical state. Oh, I don't want to get wet in the rain. Oh, I'm sweaty and smelly. Fuck that--I'm out busting my tail, sweating my ass off, water dripping from every inch of me, every piece of clothing soaked through and through. And I don't give a shit.

Liberation. Liberation from all the bullshit of how I appear, trying to keep things clean and neat and in it's place. I'm existing in my natural state, here I am and that's the way it is, and I don't give a shit what the people safe and dry in their cars think as they drive by and stare like I'm a crazy person.

Anyhow, I'm in a very weird mood today. It's Sunday and it's raining, and life is uncertain and I have no idea what's going to happen next, and that kicks ass.

No comments: