A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Bacon Infatuation

Better news that the owners of the Harris Grill do intend to rebuild. Of course, anyone who actually cares probably already knows, but I mention it in relation to a funny tidbit. A friend of mine is infatuated with the idea of Bacon Night, which they had every Tuesday. Neither of us actually went to Bacon Night, but she is very determined to experience one if they resume the tradition.

The funny thing is, she's a veggie. But she's determined that we must go, and claims she's willing to make an exception for me and Harris' Bacon Night. Which leads to the other thing that makes the situation slightly funny, which is that the only time in my life that I've ever actively craved bacon is when I worked at Pamela's. I think at that point it was a saturation effect. You know how you can hear a song on the radio and not like it, but if they pound it into your skull enough first you get it stuck in your head, and eventually realize to your horror that you crave it? Thus I believe it was with me and bacon.

Of course, it's not that I hate bacon, like one hates the aforementioned song. It's just...oops, I have to go. Whiskey has decided to try and dig the leftover food out of the garbage that he's already dug out twice now and left on the floor. Because it might be different this time or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... bacon.