A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Weekend in Review

Wow...yeah, that weekend ended up being just as zany as I figured it would!

In case you couldn't tell, I was a little busy. A hockey tournament at the Southpointe rink down in Canonsburg happened to coincide with my softball playoffs, which would make things hectic enough as it is, but in addition to that my Cincinnati friends rolled into town for the tournament so there was visiting, partying and all around good fun to be had.

First, the hockey--fun fun fun! I skated with some ladies from my Ice Maidens class, and everyone had a great time. We've had scrimmages here and there with the class, but these were the ladies' first "real" hockey games. We lost all three games, but my little fledgling hockey players did me proud and then some. I still can't believe I'm lucky enough to be a part of something like this program; it is so great seeing these women learn so much and have so much fun, and know that I helped make that happen.

Second, the softball--again, fun fun fun! Although, the two games I played in we lost, and the one I missed due to hockey we won. So...hopefully they won't decide I'm a jinx and will still take me back next year. They let me come eat at Gullifty's afterwards, so I'm hopeful. Softball season has definitely been one of the highlights of the summer; I'm so happy I decided to do it. Many thanks to G for talking me into it, and my Ducks teammates for a great season.

Lastly, the partying. Do I need to say fun fun fun? OK. Fun fun fun! Mad dash back down south to join G and the Stars for dinner...missed the salad but really the crab legs were the important part. Let's see...what else...well, there was a crab claw that someone tried to turn into a nipple clip, a multi-car chinese fire drill, watching a bunch of people from Ohio unravel the mystery that is the "beer distributor", your standard hotel drinking mischief, some LCR dice game gambling, and let us not forget the game of strip poker. If you hear any rumors about my rear end needing a tan, it's a vicious, vicious lie. (Actually, I didn't lose to that extent--my butt made a brief unscheduled appearance during the short removal. Chalk it up to the perils of wearing baggy clothes.)

Oh! And the extra special fun, I got to play with my car on Friday!! Engine flush, oil change and new front brake pads. I haven't had anywhere available to work on it so it's been several years since I've gotten to tinker. I missed it horribly. The only bummer, at one point I took my glasses off and put them on the roof of the car. Yeah, they're gone now. Yay for insurance.

So, now I have to do that laundry, because I have no clean boxers. Clean boxers are important.

No comments: