A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sounds Like a Challenge to Me

Your task (well, OK, my task):

Pack for a 2 1/2 week vacation. You have the following constraints:
  1. You must have attire, equipment, and other items required for the following tasks and events:

    • caring for your pet cats
    • time working in an office (I know, I know...just go with it)
    • time working at an animal shelter
    • apartment hunting
    • an out-of-town wedding
    • softball game(s)
    • staying at an air conditioned house
    • staying at a non-air conditioned house
    • staying at a hotel
    • at least three trips to a bar for various farewell parties
    • summer in Pittsburgh
    • two moving days
    • a four-day drive across the country, with cats
    • summer in Los Angeles
    • handling administrative tasks related to leaving a job, starting school, and moving with an uncertain forwarding address
    • the possibility that it will be more like a month-long vacation with law school classes

  2. Everything you pack must fit in a small-sized sedan.

  3. You cannot afford to eat out every meal.
And oh yeah...it's not really a vacation, so much as you just being homeless.

Best of luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you can recover from these 2.5 weeks by July of next year. That's my vote. Wait, are we voting?

You have a lot going on.

-Marianne

CT said...

Haha...yeah. Well, it's not really the amount of things that's going on, it's that I'm packing up my apartment. Most of my stuff is going into storage, so I need to be pretty careful about making sure I hang onto everything I'm going to need for all this crap! Otherwise it'd be cake: t-shirts, maybe one button down shirt, some jeans and shorts, boxers. Laundry once a week. Done. Socks optional.

Anonymous said...

hooray homeless!