A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Well Then...

Umm...

OK, so. Back in September I took the LSAT for the first time. I got a 162, which ranked in the 86th percentile, which was all very respectable, and all well and good. It wasn't enough to get me into the top schools on my list, but I got wait listed at UCLA and UVa, both very highly ranked schools, and got a scholarship offer from Temple.

While I was bummed that I didn't get into my top choice, UCLA, I had operated under the mistaken assumption that the September LSAT was the last one that would really do me any good for applications this year. I didn't realize until the enrollment deadlines had passed that the December, and even the February, dates could have been used.

After getting waitlisted at UCLA, I decided to retake the LSAT in June. I've since come to terms with going to Temple, and am looking forward to it, and see all the pluses it has (not the least of which is the MUCH lower tuition fee). But, it seemed worth the $130 exam fee to take another crack at it. And besides, there was also the minor issue of my pride, which wasn't too used to being in the 86th percentile. So I took the exam a few weeks ago, and while I felt good about it, I didn't have a good feel for just how well I had actually done--whether or not I did significantly better than the first time around.

Apparently, I should not pursue work as a psychic, because I just got my score today: 173, ranking in the 99th percentile.

I don't know if this will help with UCLA--seats off the waitlist are not a guarantee, even whether there will be openings. However, at least my pride is a little happier.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

Congratulations on the significant jump.

(And happy 4th!)

Anonymous said...

I bet UCLA accepts you.... just a feeling :)
:)

:)

ha ha ha!

Ucla, Orca, Ocra, Oprah?
what the heck!

Anonymous said...

You know I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear. I know you are busy this weekend, but it's on my mind.

I am too excited!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping for the best, whatever the best may be!

Anonymous said...

aaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

lalalalala.

ok, back to packing. seriously. right.


HOOOORAY

Anonymous said...

I like that. LT is focused. That's right you've got planning and packing to do!

-Marianne

Anonymous said...

haha. and now UVA wants you too. Awesome.