A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pitter Patter

I woke up this morning to a very familiar sound that I haven't heard in who knows how many years.  Specifically:

THUMP THUMPTHUMP THUTHUTHUTHUTHTHUMP THUMP THUMP

One of the other apartments in my building apparently has visitors that include at least one young-ish child, and I woke to the noise of kid feet running crazily around somewhere in the building.  I can't remember how many times I woke up to that very same noise coming from my sister's kids back at my parents' house.

The timing is apt, given that just this week my parents put their old house up on the market--the house where I grew up. If you're interested and want to see it, here you go.

Disclaimer - it got fresh paint and new carpet just about everywhere after they moved out.  It never looked that distinguished and dignified when we lived there!  A constant ebb and flow of two to four kids and one to five grandkids will do that to a place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks a lot different with the new paint and carpet. I probably wouldn't have recognized it!