A time capsule of somewhat narcissistic sheltered navel-gazing, preserved for embarrassing posterity.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pitter Patter!

Two things finally happened this week: We finally submitted something which counts for a grade, and it finally actually rained.

It's been raining most of the evening and I'm absolutely ecstatic about it! I knew I'd missed weather, but actually getting some actually brought it home for real. I've been laying around for a while now doing nothing except listening to the sound of it falling outside. Ahhh.... I hope it's still rainy tomorrow morning; I would love a rainy morning. But, a rainy evening is almost as good.

And, thinking about all the oil from the last however many months that is being stirred up on the highways...makes me glad I got new tires on the car today!

The item-for-a-grade was a paper. Well, a memo. A faux legal memorandum in which we offer predictive analysis on a particular claim based on a set realm of case law. We've done two much smaller ones through the semester; of course those were much less angsty because, y'know, they didn't count, and before we turned in the final versions of them we had writing advisors help us fix big ugly problems. I must admit it's more nerve-wracking basing an entire analysis on the tests you've devised when you don't really know if your tests are correct!

Beyond the memo, things are rolling right along at school. Next Tuesday is the last day of classes, then our first final is the Tuesday after that. Fun fun fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Law school is fun!

You guys have a nice "reading period."

UD always hosed us and only gave us two, maybe three days of study before the first finals.

Finals is my favorite time though. What a fun time you will have proving to your profs you learned all they wanted you to over the course of the semester.

I'm so jealous as I type this being stuck at work!

Blah.

I hope all is well out there in rainy California.

CT said...

Yeah, we have a day of review sessions on the 3rd, then our first final is 6 days after that, second is 5 days after that, and last is 4 days after that. It makes for a really long finals period, but it also makes it much less nerve wracking!

I dunno if I'd go so far as to call California "rainy" just yet! Hope all is well for you...looks like that bankruptcy work isn't going to dry up anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing well. By the way, have you seen this Matthew Good biography? Thought you might be interested.